Re: [JSON] User segments update

In theory this will go through now...

----- Forwarded message from William Waites <ww@styx.org> -----

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:42:30 +0100
From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Subject: Re: [JSON] User segments update
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: RDF Working Group <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>

* [2011-03-23 10:29:52 -0400] Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> écrit:

] I took another look at Sandro's JSON User Segments chart and it became
] clear to me that we can address far more than I think we've discussed.
]
] I need to explain more on the mailing list when I have the time, but
] these are the areas that I think we are capable of addressing with the
] input documents:
]
] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/JSON_User_Segments#Potentials_that_Manu_Sees
]
] Notice the expansion of the green box to the left. I think accomplishing
] that goal is very do-able, I'll try to explain more (with examples) when
] I get some time to write about it.

Just to say, my experience working with web developers
(of which I am not one) seems to be in the A3 or possibly
A4 camp.

However something that appears missing and may want to
be more explicitly stated is that many of the more
interesting things that people want to do involve not
only taking some RDF and exposing it in a convenient
JSON way for ultimate display to users but actually
*writing* data. So composing some bit of JSON and sending
it in an HTTP PUT or POST and expecting this to result
in new RDF statements being created or deleted.

For the A3 camp, that want to have no concept at all
of RDF this is hard. I can't see how it can be done in
any way other than custom crafted server code that takes
the JSON and makes appropriate RDF out of it in an
application-specific way.

Cheers,
-w

--