Re: [JSON] User segments update

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 10:29 -0400, Manu Sporny wrote:
> I took another look at Sandro's JSON User Segments chart and it became
> clear to me that we can address far more than I think we've discussed.
>
> I need to explain more on the mailing list when I have the time, but
> these are the areas that I think we are capable of addressing with the
> input documents:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/JSON_User_Segments#Potentials_that_Manu_Sees
>
> Notice the expansion of the green box to the left. I think accomplishing
> that goal is very do-able, I'll try to explain more (with examples) when
> I get some time to write about it.

Um, I don't think that's right.

A-3/4/5/6 --- why do column A people, who don't need or want RDF, need a
way to transform JSON to Triples?

B-3/4/5 --- do you really think this standard method can be simple
enough that people will use it without libraries?  That seems impossible
to me.

I think the green box being just in column C has a different kind of
expansion property: if we offer a good solution here, all the developers
will migrate from Group A and Group B to group C, again making the green
box take over the world.

I kind of like that plan, but my current gut feeling is more towards
making the yellow box take over the world, via a sparql-json solution.
But a working greenbox solution would be great, too.