Re: [Graphs] Fwd: Comments on "SPARQL 1.1 Uniform HTTP Protocol for Managing RDF Graphs"

Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 19:22 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> Is g-snap->g-text is just a function of the content type?
>
> Well, probably, for our purposes, I think so.
>
> There's a trivial case where it's not: the  arbitrary non-semantic
> variability in serialization, eg whitespace.  So, some notion of
> equivalence class of g-texts may be important.
>
> There's a related problem I don't know if we can or should address,
> which is how to deal with websites which use cookies or other
> information (IP address, browser sniffing, etc) to customize content.

I was going to raise that, it's where the "resource state" http/rest
story and the rdf "snapshot" story both breaks down.

Perhaps we should just scrap that story early on and have Named-G-Box =
( <u>, GB ) where GB = { gt1, gt2, gt3, ... }

Where gt* are g-texts, and GB is a g-box. A g-box being a set of g-texts
over time. And of course a named-g-box is just a GB associated with a URI.

If we need g-snap, which I'm sure we do, then perhaps each g-text
encodes/serializes a g-snap, and several g-texts may all
encode/serialize equivalent g-snaps, but that requires g-snap equality
to be determined.

O, actually I quite like that, then all g-snap's are anonymous abstract
sets of rdf triples, and it's the set of g-texts (g-box) that is
associated with a name.

Thoughts?

Best,

Nathan