Re: [JSON] PROPOSAL: Syntax structure should be object-based

Manu Sporny wrote:
>> I'm wondering how terse and simple we can get the use cases here.
>
> I bet that we could map almost every single one of them to very simple
> JSON, and every single one of them to very simple TURTLE.
>
> Shouldn't one of our primary concerns be which one of these is going to
> be easier to sell to Web developers?

Why sell? The way people currently use JSON works for them, the main
benefits RDF / linked data offer are:

- Shared Vocabularies
- IRIs as identifiers (follow your nose and easy data mashing)

Can they get these benefits from Turtle, RDFa, RDF/XML and a host of
other RDF serializations? Yes.

Can they get these benefits from JSON? No.

Would they appreciate these features being brought to their JSON based
data? Yes.

Can we help them there? Yes.

Will we help them (and ourselves) there? Remains to be seen.

Best,

Nathan