Re: Other issues?

Hi,

On 9 Mar 2011, at 18:45, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Mischa,
>
> On 9 Mar 2011, at 18:37, Mischa Tuffield <mischa.tuffield@garlik.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> A couple of questions for the group:
>>
>> 1) I wonder if there is a place already on the wiki for capturing "other issues", the miscellaneous ones basically? For example, the URIRef vs IRI issue.
>>

> David already referred to the wiki page. Additionally, new issues can be raised by people in the group, and then the group may or may not accept them.
>
> That being said, isn't this issue already recorded?

Ok, I now see what is going on with the issue recordings, it is all starting to make sense to me. I have only ever been involved on an XG before, that was a lot less formal, apologies. I will stop going on about pre-recorded issues :)

>> 2) And whether or not the RDFa spec[1] is in or out of scope of this working group, as it is not listed in the charter as one of the documents which the group will be looking to update[1]? The reason I mention this is again, if we end up in a world where both SPARQL and RDF (lets say the Turtle serialisation) are using IRIs, developers would have to use a different URI encoding library for SPARQL & Turtle, from the one they would be using if there were to be serialising to RDFa.
>>

> RDFa is certainly not in the scope of this group, there is a separate group for that one. That being said, afaik RDFa already uses IRIs, just like SPARQL. I explicitly copy this mail to Manu, who is the chair of that group.

Thanks, and yes I am aware that Manu is the chair of that group. I need to read the entirety of the RDFa rec [1], but it seems like the only place that IRIs are mentioned are in the CURIE section [2], and the rest of the document including [2] talks about URI References and not IRIs.

But, ok, I now understand that RDFa is not in the scope of this group, thanks for the clarification.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#s_curies
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_3.10.

> Note, however, that RDFa is a bit special in the sence that it "lives" in another environment, namely HTML, which it cannot fully control...

Understood.

Regards,

Mischa