Re: RDF-ISSUE-5 (Graph Literals): Should we define Graph Literal datatypes? [RDF Graphs]

Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider wrote:
> From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
> Subject: Re: RDF-ISSUE-5 (Graph Literals): Should we define Graph Literal datatypes? [RDF Graphs]
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:45:33 -0600
>
>> RDF Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>>> RDF-ISSUE-5 (Graph Literals): Should we define Graph Literal datatypes? [RDF Graphs]
>> yes, a main reason being, if we don't, somebody else will, and possibly
>> a few different people, which would lead to interop problems and require
>> standardization in the future. So may as well get there first.
>
> In my opinion, this is one of the worst reasons to do something.  If
> this is the only rationale, it would be better to wait and see what
> mistakes everyone else makes and then do something without fatal flaws.

Yup, this has been discussed in full, Richard Cyganiak said pretty much
exactly the same as you, and I agreed in principle, but wanted to note
that this could be seen as somewhat of a special case (Sandro also gave
some reasons as to why this may be the case).

> PS:  Why the Reply-To: "nathan@webr3.org" <nathan@webr3.org>?

Unsure, mail client setting somewhere!