Re: [Turtle] Two formats

On 3/3/2011 9:26 AM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> On 3 Mar 2011, at 11:22, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
>> We use TriG all the time for configuring systems, some of which is often done by hand. As such, N-triples + named graphs would notbe sufficient; we require a human-friendly quads serialization, such as TriG.
>
> I'd like to hear more about real-world use of TriG.

We use TriG for:

+ small, hand-written configuration files
+ small, system-generated configuration files
+ ontology exports
+ small and large data set exports
+ bundling applications for deployment between environments
+ custom RDF generation from 3rd party scripts & apps for import into Anzo
+ ...

Basically, it's Anzo's format of choice for any serialization of RDF.
Given that:

a) All RDF within Anzo is within a named graph
b) We find TriG to be far more human-friendly than something like N-quads

...we tend to choose it as our default format for just about everything.

Lee