Re: What can/should/must we do with rdf:PlainLiteral?

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:08:53 +0100
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org

On 19/06/11 18:35, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> Given that the term “plain literal” is likely to be removed from the abstract syntax,

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#dfn-plain-literal
"""
Plain literals have a lexical form and optionally a language tag
"""

Plain literals are not being removed from the abstract syntax.

We *may* wish to change terminology when we have decided what to do
about language tags but I think the terminology is out there and well
used so we should proceed with great caution.  The time for changing
terminology just because it is "better" is long gone.

	Andy