What can/should/must we do with rdf:PlainLiteral?

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:35:18 +0100
To: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
A question to the team contacts.

Given that the term “plain literal” is likely to be removed from the abstract syntax, our work has a serious impact on the rdf:PlainLiteral specification.

Regarding W3C process, what are our options and/or duties regarding that spec?

Can we just ignore it?

Do we *have* to update it, given that it's sorta in RDF Core territory and we are making changes to its subject matter?

Does some other WG *have* to update it and do we need to work with them?

*Can* we even update it, if we want to?

Just trying to understand the space of possibilities.