Re: Alternate proposal for new terms for g-snap, g-box and g-text

On 21 Jul 2011, at 06:21, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> I've always been annoyed at the term "Graph" -- it's one more
> unnecessary hurdle to learning RDF.  Anyone who hasn't studied graph
> theory thinks a graph is graphical representation of data (eg an x-y
> plot) and has to get over that association.

And the term “tree” is such a hurdle to learning XML, they think it's a large coniferous plant.

And the term “table” is such a hurdle to learning databases, they think it's a piece of furniture. Made from trees.

To be honest, I don't know why we are doing this terminology exercise.

The lack of finished terminology is not an obstacle. The g-* temporary terminology is perfectly fine for creating, discussing and evaluating proposals. Once we make progress with a proposal, the terminology will fall in place.

I'd rather talk about *use cases* and *concrete proposals* for handling multigraphs in RDF. That way lies progress.

Best,
Richard