Re: Turtle BNF from current Turtle working draft

From: Gavin Carothers <gavin@topquadrant.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:51:45 -0700
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Cc: "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric@w3.org>, RDF-WG WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com> wrote:
> Not sure this will make it through to the mailing list, so I thought I'd
> send directly.

... snip ..

> Hi, I was looking at the grammar [1] from the latest Turtle working draft [=
> 2] with an eye towards implementing a parser based on work I've done previo=
> usly in Ruby on N3 and SPARQL parsers [3][4].

Great! Thanks.

> To get started, I was going to attempt to create turtle-bnf using bnf2turtl=
> e.py [5], as is done in the existing SWAP grammar implementation. Doesn't s=
> eem that this parses properly. Is it intended to? Is there another processo=
> r that's more appropriate? I realize I'm jumping the gun a bit, as it hasn'=
> t yet been published, but I wanted to see if this grammar is intended to be=
> processed using the existing SWAP toolset.

On first glance it seems that the existing SWAP toolset is unable to
parse @pass segments from the EBNF grammar. I think the only tool
currently used to parse the raw EBNF is yacker
http://www.w3.org/2005/01/yacker/uploads/turtle2?lang=perl Sorry I
can't be more enlightening at the moment.

--Gavin