Re: [JSON] Initial comments

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:55:07 +0100
Cc: Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>, Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>, RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: nathan@webr3.org

On Feb 25, 2011, at 24:21 , Nathan wrote:

[snip]

> Does anybody actually want to write RDF, by hand, in JSON? Up till now I'd always seen JSON as something produced by machines (by some data providing process, or by JSON.stringify'ing some object structure) and something which people just JSON.parse'd back in to an object structure to work with that data as simple object/array structure; where the most important aspect for all was always simplicity of the data structure.

The question is: what is the usage of JSON in this respect independently of RDF? Does anybody want to write JSON manually for any purpose?

I really do not know, I am not a Javascript/JSON programmer. Ie, I do not know what the practice is. But maybe we should not make this type of decision by looking at RDF only.

Ivan

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153