Re: [JSON] Initial comments

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:57 -0500
To: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On 02/24/2011 02:21 AM, Steve Harris wrote:
> The idea of external mapping documents seams antithetical to the way
> people currently use JSON data, but maybe a real example would make
> it clearer.

Steve, reading section 2.2 through section 3 in the JSON-LD spec may
help - there are a number of examples in the JSON-LD spec about
out-of-band mappings:

http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20110201/#map-terms-to-iris

> Your examples below only encode key/value pairs and it's not obvious,
> to me at least, how you would extend that to graphs.

There are some examples in Markup Examples in the JSON-LD spec that may
help to see how graphs are expressed using key-value pairs:

http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20110201/#markup-examples

I believe almost every RDF concept and how it maps to JSON-LD is
discussed in section 5 of the JSON-LD spec:

http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20110201/#markup-of-rdf-concepts

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Towards Universal Web Commerce