[JSON] Re: Getting started

On 02/17/2011 12:04 PM, Guus Schreiber wrote:
> - Please consider signing up for a task force [1]

I've added a section for participants on the JSON RDF Task Force wiki page.

> - I've created wiki pages for the task forces [2]. Feel free to add
> inputs you think are missing. I suggest you send email to the list in
> case you add stuff.

I've copied the RDF in JSON inputs to the task force page, added a
participants section and a deliverables section. I also added a
"Questions to Contemplate" section in the wiki and filled it out with a
few questions that will get the discussion started.

http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-JSON

Here are the questions in case folks want to start chiming in on this
mailing list:

Is it necessary for developers to know RDF in order to use the simplest
form of the RDF-in-JSON serialization?

Should we attempt to support more than just RDF? Key-value pairs as
well? Literals as subjects?

Must RDF-in-JSON be 100% compatible with JSON (aka: JSON-P)? Or must it
only be able to be read by JSON and can thus deviate from the standard
JSON spec?

Must all major RDF concepts must be expressible via the RDF-in-JSON syntax?

Should we go more for human-readability, or
terse/compact/machine-friendly formats?

Should there be a migration story for the JSON that is already used
heavily on the Web? For example, in REST-based services?

Should processing be a single-pass or multi-pass process? Should we
support SAX-like streaming?

Should there be support for disjoint graphs?

Should we consider how the structure may be digitally signed?

How should normalization occur?

Should graph literals be supported?

Should named graphs be supported?

Should automatic typing be supported?

Should type coercion be supported?

Should there be an API defined in order to easily map RDF-in-JSON
to/from language-native formats?

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Towards Universal Web Commerce