Re: dataset semantics

Antoine, this semantics seems to me to be broken. It refers to "the fact that different RDF Graphs hold in different contexts.". But is this a fact? The idea of RDF being context-relativized was considered by the original WG and resoundingly rejected. If indeed RDF is contextual in this way, then we need to reconsider not just the semantics of datasets, but the entire semantics of RDF. I do not believe that it is appropriate to have RDF be a contextual logic. You may disagree: but at the very least, we cannot simply assume this as though it were obvious. Before going this route, we need to at least discuss what the issues are that arise from such an interpretation.

I would like to see some evidence, from actual use cases, of how it can be that different RDF graphs hold in different contexts, and some clarification of what is meant by a "context" here. Is linked data context-relative? If so, what determines the contexts in the extant RDF triples which comprise the linked data cloud? How can information from different contexts be used together?

Pat