Re: Agenda 21 Dec 2011

On Dec 16, 2011, at 10:21 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> ... maybe I can figure out some TriG
> entailment tests....    Like, does this TriG document / dataset:

> entail this RDF graph:

> I think it should, so we can have metadata in TriG, but other people
> have disagreed.   How should we be gather test cases like this?

FWIW, 'entailment' has a fairly precise meaning. A entails B when B is true whenever A is, or more precisely if, for every possible interpretation I, if A is true in I then B is true in I. So it only makes sense to speak of entailment when there is some notion of truth-in-an-interpretation to base it on. So,  what are the truth conditions for datasets? Can one assert a dataset (ie claim it to be true)? How does one do that?