Re: Graph-State Resources (was Re: graphs and documents Re: [ALL] agenda telecon 14 Dec)

On 15/12/11 18:35, Dan Brickley wrote:

> The existence of log:semantics at least lets us try to pose a question:
>
> Does log:semantics act as an owl:FunctionalProperty?  i.e. within a
> single graph, can we expect at most one true property value for it?
>
> People seem to talk as if it is functional, but I can't see that
> working out in practice.

Documents can change over time.

"""The log:semantics of a document is the formula.
achieved by parsing representation of the document"""

includes the act of accessing the document to get the representation.
Passing on a log:semantics seems to imply passing on that act.

Merge two documents with two log:semantics assertions ...

"Graph" 1:

<http://example/temperature> log:semantics { :here :currentTemp 15 . }

"Graph" 2:

<http://example/temperature> log:semantics { :here :currentTemp 4 . }

so I think that's a "no", it's not an owl:FunctionalProperty.

 Andy

(I tried to dereference log:Formula ...)