Re: RDF-ISSUE-74: Prefixed names and slashes [RDF Turtle]

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 20:08:37 +0100
To: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Gavin,

On 12 Aug 2011, at 19:14, RDF Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
> New Turtle:
>
> Allowed:
> @prefix bob: http://example.org/bob/ .
> bob:goldfish\u002F1

Is that allowed? Section 4.3 [1] says that all the backslash escapes are only allowed inside strings and IRI_REF. I don't see anything that allows them inside prefixed names.

> I'm not sure what the rational for continuing to disallow /'s in the local part of prefixed name is. RDFa via the CURIE spec via the IRI fragement production allows them.

Turtle follows SPARQL. SPARQL has property paths: foaf:knows/foaf:name. So the slash character is taken.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/#sec-strings