RDF-ISSUE-74: Prefixed names and slashes [RDF Turtle]

From: RDF Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:14:10 +0000
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org

RDF-ISSUE-74: Prefixed names and slashes [RDF Turtle]

http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/74

Raised by: Gavin Carothers
On product: RDF Turtle

Something odd happened when we changed Turtles escape process with regards to prefixed local names, and slashes.

Good Old Turtle:

Allowed:
@prefix bob: http://example.org/bob/ .
bob:name

Not Allowed:
@prefix bob: http://example.org/bob/ .
bob:goldfish/1

Slashes not allowed in local names, thanks to restricting them to be QNames.

New Turtle:

Allowed:
@prefix bob: http://example.org/bob/ .
bob:name

Not Allowed:
@prefix bob: http://example.org/bob/ .
bob:goldfish/1

Allowed:
@prefix bob: http://example.org/bob/ .
bob:goldfish\u002F1

This is vary strange.

I'm not sure what the rational for continuing to disallow /'s in the local part of prefixed name is. RDFa via the CURIE spec via the IRI fragement production allows them.