Re: ACTION-27 (ensuring that RESOLUTION of issue-12 gets into RDF Semantics)

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:22:26 +0100
Cc: <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
On 20 Apr 2011, at 18:15, Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider wrote:
> It turns out that the RDF Semantics document already contains wording in
> Section 5.1 about the equivalence of plain literals and xsd:string
> literals.  Any change to the document to indicate that xsd:string
> literals are considered to be archaic and that plain literals should be
> used instead would look similar to the wording for anything else the WG
> considers to be archaic.

Related here is Section 6.5.1 of RDF Concepts & Abstract Syntax, which states that two literals are equal if and only if they are equal in lexical form, datatype URI, and language tag [1].

Not suggesting any particular course of action, just pointing out related text.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Literal-Equality