Re: [ALL] FTF1 Minutes Update

From: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:04:21 -0400
To: <david.wood@talis.com>
CC: <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
From: David Wood <david.wood@talis.com>
Subject: [ALL] FTF1 Minutes Update
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:38:12 -0500

> Hi all,
>
> Minutes for the FTF1 were not accepted on today's call due to two
> separate email threads that resulted in -1 votes on the mailing list
> after the meeting.  I took an action to add notes into the minutes to
> point to those threads.
>
> 1)  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2011Apr/0366.html
>
> This comment was added to 13 April's minutes:
> [[
> See post-FTF1 email discussion regarding this resolution at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2011Apr/0366.html
> ]]
>
> 2)  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2011Apr/0310.html
>
> Nathan commented on a proposal which was not adopted, so I did not
> change the minutes.
>
> My understanding is that the minutes now reflect both the meeting and
> the post-meeting comments.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Hmm.  The emails that I was thinking of are
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2011Apr/0307.html
from Antoine Zimmermann, and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2011Apr/0309.html
from Lee Feigenbaum
both of which have -1 on
PROPOSED: Mark xs:string as archaic for use in RDF, recommending use of
plain literals instead. Recommend that systems silently convert
xs:string data to plain literals.

In subsequence email, I tried to point out that there is an invalid
assumption in the thread.  Nonetheless, the discussion should probably
be noted in the F2F minutes, which I have done.

peter