Re: regrets & skolem predicates

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:20 AM, William Waites <ww@styx.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately I won't be able to make the call today due to a
> conflicting commitment.
>
> However, a thought just occurred to me - what happens when someone
> uses a skolem constant - now a URI - as a predicate?

No problem with this, as far as I can see.  What's to say that the resource
denoted by that blank node doesn't have a URI that could be used as a
predicate if we knew it?

If the system that created the skolem constant wants to translate that
constant back into the original blank node when inserting in the graph,
presumably it would have to disallow that.  But such systems already have
checks in place, e.g. to discard statements with literal subjects resulting
from an INSERT with a variable in the subject position.

-Alex