Re: Problems with the RDF Semantics document

On 19/04/11 10:31, Steve Harris wrote:
> On 2011-04-19, at 02:43, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
>
>> (Commenting against my better judgment...)
>>
>> On 4/18/2011 8:25 PM, Nathan wrote:
>>
>>> frustrations. Pretty much every member of this WG who I've spoken
>>> to, read blogs and mails from, or seen commenting on things seems
>>> to want quite a bit more than we're chartered to do. But, like
>>> myself will also just stick to the charter and do what is deemed
>>> to be needed.
>>
>> I am not only content with the scope of work that this group has
>> accepted, but would be very concerned about the group taking on
>> additional work. Based on my experience implementing Semantic Web
>> standards, building software based on those implementations, and
>> working in W3C working groups, I think making substantial changes
>> to RDF would be a mistake.

+1

It's not about building a better system.  A subset of current isn't more
or better - it's less.

Success means people publishing data.

Success means people communicating how the semantic web can be used for
linked data.

Success means other people investing (often personal) time in (open
source) software and supporting users on mailing lists.

We owe it to all those people because they are the new stakeholders.
They have skin in the game.