W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-text@w3.org > January to March 2009

I have finished making the changes to rdf:text

From: Boris Motik <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:12:17 -0000
To: <public-rdf-text@w3.org>, "'Jos de Bruijn'" <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>, "'Axel Polleres'" <axel.polleres@deri.org>, "'Jie Bao'" <baojie@cs.rpi.edu>
Message-ID: <DFD9AFFE045A40738BBBCEA5DF03142C@wolf>
Hello,

I have just finished overhauling the rdf:text specification along the lines of
what we've discussed earlier today. (If someone objects, there is always the
option of going back to what we had earlier. I just wanted to show the changed
definitions to everyone sooner rather than later.)

The value space of xsd:string is now a proper subset of the value space of
rdf:text. Furthermore, the equivalence between typed rdf:text RDF literals and
plain RDF literals has now been discussed much more clearly and explicitly. I
hope this addresses all concerns that various people expressed while reading the
last public working draft.

Thus, I consider Sections 1 to 4 finished from my point of view. Section 5 (the
XQuery functions), however, may need further updating. I have added several
editorial comments that should be discussed. I'll be happy to perform the
necessary changes in the document once when the interested parties have decided
how to address these issues.

Please let me know should you have any comments regarding about the
specification.

Regards,

	Boris
Received on Friday, 27 March 2009 16:13:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 19:53:42 UTC