Re: new version of rdf:O)-> document

From: Peter F.Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 09:06:56 -0400
To: <sandro@w3.org>
CC: <phayes@ihmc.us>, <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <public-rdf-text@w3.org>
From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Subject: Re: new version of rdf:O)-> document
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 23:25:08 -0500

>> > Those both sound pretty good to me, but I'm easy to please.  Peter,
>> > Dave, are either of them improvements?  Anything else we need to do at
>> > this point?
>>
>> I still think that "which allows plain literals can be treated in
>> certain cases like typed literals" has to go.  I would just remove the
>> clause.
>
> I removed it, and slightly tightened [] nearby wording.

Looks fine to me.   I did a tiny wordsmithing.

>> Section 4 may need a bit of change.  I would go for "syntaxes for SPARQL
>> basic graphs patterns" changing to "SPARQL syntaxes".  The last sentence
>> of the section also should be changed in my view.
>
> I took at stab at both those changes.
>
> Well, I took a first stab [1], and then took some more serious wacks at
> it.  I think I made section 4 somewhat clearer, without changing the
> meaning.  I'm praying you also find it an improvement....

Also looks fine to me.  I changed 'formats' to 'syntaxes' to be
consistent throughout the document.

>> > I'm filing the OWL request for CR today, optimistically including
>> > rdf:PlainLiteral.  My hope is that everyone can sign off on this text by
>> > next Wednesday, and this can go to CR with the rest of the OWL specs.
>>
>> Optimist!
>
> Well, yeah.  If we get it done in this round (ie the next few days),
> then we'll have it done!
>
>       -- Sandro
>
> [1] intermediate version, in case the final version overly displeases
>     you and you want something closer to your wording:
>     http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Rdf:PlainLiteral&oldid=24299#Syntax_for_rdf:PlainLiteral_Literals

I think that the current version is OK to go.  I think that the OWL WG
could vote on pushing this at their TC this Wednesday.

It would be very good to get sign-on from RIF and SPARQL.

peter