Re: simple fix

On May 21, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Boris Motik wrote:

> Good idea, and it think this should work as well.
>
> Regarding the empty language tags, the answer is probably no: they
> can be empty
> in neither RDF nor BCP-47.
>
> Boris

Too strong. All we need is that its not for use as the datatype URI in
an RDF typed literal. It would be fine to allow RDFS to reason about
the class, for example. Yes, that is pretty much what my earlier
suggestion amounts to, in practice.

On another topic, the more I think about it, the better the idea gets
of sticking to xsd:string for untagged literals and using rdf:text
only for tagged ones. This seems to lead to a simplification in the
spec for handling all the alternative function definitions as well.

Pat