Re: A summary of the proposal for resolving the issues with rdf:text --> Could you please check it one more time?

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 03:57:11PM +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> Apologies:
>
> > On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com> wrote:
> >> Monday PM end before 18:00 (GMT+1)
> >> Thursday PM.
> >> Tuesday @17:00 (GMT+1) for a short call; end before 17:30.
>
> I can't make the slot.
>
> Input: please consider interoperability of data between OWL and RDF.  Option 1 is better for that than option 2 as Eric points out.
>
> This is also the least change to LC and IMHO is not a substantive change (it follows on from the current graph exchange intent) to add the text needed for SPARQL.  Roughly: the scoping graph of an rdf-text aware D-entailment for BGP matching includes the RDF forms and does not include ^^rdf:text.  (Non-aware entailment regimes would merely treat as a datatype form.)

does anyone oppose option 1 (plain literals are considered to satisfy entailments constrained to type rdf:text and entailments of type rdf:text are expressed as plain literals in the RDF graph)? (i'm wondering if we can work this out before we work out scheduling this phone call.)

--
-eric

office: +1.617.258.5741 32-G528, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
mobile: +1.617.599.3509

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.