Re: changes on rdf:text on the remaining Ed notes

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> Hi Axel,
>
> What are the plans for the namespace for these functions? I'm
> concerned any resolution of that will delay publication of the
> document, and OWL plans to go to CR in the not to distant future and
> has a dependency on it I'd like to minimize risk on that.
>
> Have you considered moving these functions out of the rdf:text
> specification and into RIF instead?

I am reluctant on this one, to be honest: These functions are not
RIF-functions but XQuery/XPath style functions. So, I don't see why and
in which RIF spec they should go.

I agree that "hijacking" the fn namespace is problematic. Can we give it
our own namespace? e.g. analogously to

fn: http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions

we could use

rdftfn: http://www.w3.org/2009/rdftext-functions

That would be the simplest solution, IMO.

Axel