Re: Update

On 12/10/15 09:50, Karima Rafes wrote:
> Hello Andy
>
> Here several examples about  the difference between the triplestore
> about only the url of endpoint and the parameter HTTP for query and
> update. I use a little script PHP [1] (the doc [2]) for my tests.
>
> By default in my script, the parameter HTTP in a SPARQL query is
> "query" and  the parameter HTTP in a SPARQL update is "update".

 > (uses a different endpoint for a query and a update)
 > (uses the same endpoint for a query or a update)

Where in the specs does it say one approach is right or wrong? Reference
please.

With the right HTTP conneg and/or parameter handling, query and update
are distinguishable just from the request.  Or maybe a parser does both.
Implementation choice.

 > parameter output format is different

What output parameter? There isn't on in the specs - it is a common
extension.

Each of us may well think some choices are better than others, or that
the specs should have said something else, but that's not the point when
curating the W3C test suites.

 Andy

PS
.rq is the query language registered extension.
.ru is the udpate registered extension.