Re: Reverse Template Engine?

From: <robm@robm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:47:32 -0800
To: public-rdf-tap@w3.org

> Is the TAP RTE system still used, developed? I found a link to
> it on kb.alpiri.com but that site now seems dead...
>
> What's new in TAP this year?

The short answers are, no, no, and not much. TAP is in maintenance mode
at Stanford, since Guha went to Google in 2005 and I went to Yahoo later
that year.

The RTE system in particular was replaced by a script-based system that
resembled LISP. The newer system was much faster and more flexible than
RTE turned out to be. Nonetheless, scale never went over 30-40 sites,
though the RDF itself grew to the limit of what you could load on a
1.5GB machine even when compressed.

The semantic search demo on http://sp11.stanford.edu/ is likely to be
the final iteration of TAP as a system.