Re: TAP classes are strings, not classes

From: Rob McCool <robm@robm.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:29:50 -0700
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, public-rdf-tap@w3.org

> I believe this should be rdf:about not rdf:ID. The latter gets expanded

Yes, I thought I'd fixed that and was about to send a reply saying that I
just hadn't updated that KB fragment in a while (we don't get much data on
ear drops these days), but it turns out that the Perl code still had something
in there to generate it. I fixed that but I haven't regenerated the KBs yet.
Thanks.

> Cool. I'd like to recommend TAP as one of the 'bulk' namespaces that
> could be used inside FOAF files, eg. for describing weblog post topics,
> personal interests, stuff being sold etc. Is
> http://tap.stanford.edu/data/ the offial-est namespace URI you folks
> are deploying? Should it be OK to encourage folk to write RDF using this
> namespace and expect it to be dereference-able over the coming years...?

Yes, we're sprinkling it everywhere and it's going to be very hard to remove,
so you should consider it dereferencable for a long time.

I haven't updated the SDK or the KB downloads in a while, partially because
there hasn't been much interest, and partially because it takes effort. Is
there interest now? I suppose if I just update them that may create some
interest.