Re: Rover

From: Rob McCool <robm@robm.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:23:00 -0700
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>
Cc: public-rdf-tap@w3.org, KR-language <KR-language@YahooGroups.com>

> I happened to check the TAP demo page yesterday,
> and discovered your new Rover demo.
>
>     http://tap.stanford.edu/tap/demos.html
>
> I'm really impressed by the number of properties,
> and the number of resources you have amassed.
> It makes browsing & searching TAP much more
> interesting!

Thanks. I'm doing work on integration of web-based data now, in addition to
what Rover comes up with from Yahoo news. A listing of the various sources
of data we're drawing from is on the What's New page:

  http://panic.stanford.edu/reggie

The classes in bold are the ones that are added to the KB each night when a
crawl happens. Currently the main KB does not have this data yet because of
the problem you mentioned earlier, when Tom Waits shows up as both an Actor
and a Musician when in fact they're the same person. This data should start
showing up within a couple of weeks as I get things sorted out.