Re: MKR interface and GetData bugs/features

From: Rob McCool <robm@robm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:13:06 -0700
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>
Cc: public-rdf-tap@w3.org, "Bray, Tim" <tbray@textuality.com>, "Apollo, Adrian" <Thinkonaut@aol.com>, "Latimer, Richard S." <rslatimer@comcast.net>, KR-language <KR-language@YahooGroups.com>

> 1. MKE 6.0 has a much improved interface to the TAP KB.
> Using MKE, and comparing the results to the online Perl
> browser, I have identified some new GetData bugs/features.

Very cool.

> 3. "Resource" info. must sometimes be retrieved using "Node".
> Likewise, "Property" must be called "PropertyType".
> For now, I have programmed this translation into the shell script
> http://rhm.cdepot.net/GetData

Can you try this against my development server at
  http://panic.stanford.edu/data/
and see if these problems have been fixed? The server on panic uses a newer
data set and I think I fixed all these irritating issues.

> 4. subject has ?;  # GetData subject domain yes
> does not return all of the properties.  Note that Michael Jordan
> has four properties, and none are returned by GetData.  Most
> properties (with values) can be retrieved by name.
>     $. has type = Athlete;   # $. isu Athlete;
>     $. has title = "Michael Jordan";
>     $. has plays = SportBasketBall;
>     $. has playsForTeam = SportsTeamWashingtonWizards;

Can you show me the query that you're using to ask for the properties,
so I can try to reproduce it?

> 5. subject has title = ?;  # GetData subject title no
> always fails.

You may need to use "label" or "rdfs:label" here, we've been standardizing
toward the rdfs version of "what's this called" and not the Dublin Core
version.