Re: RDF-star vs Wikidata for modelling Richard Burton

On 09/12/2021 13:50, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 09/12/2021 11:32, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

>>> Looking at some of the JSON serializations at property graphs - they
>>> don't allow for edges to be nodes.
>>>
>>> There are two styles:
>>>
>>> * Nodes have integer ids, and edges are represented by start-end id
>>> pairs and a label.
>>>
>>> * Edges have ids but the numbering of nodes and edges starts
>>> separately at 0 so there are different numbering spaces.
>>>
>>> Both cases mean only attributes on edges.
>>
>> The way I read Peter's question was : are there PG implementation in
>> which properties (I assume that's what you mean by "attributes") have
>> nodes as their value?

> I haven't found any serializations that put nodes or edge ids in the
> data model.
>
> The serializations have values that are strings and numbers
> (JSON-centric). Nothing else.
>
> Which formalizations have a type system for values?

Ian Hidders and Juan Sequeda presented the model used by the PG Schemas
working group, during the SCG workshop [1] (slides and video are
available). IIRC, they envision structured types for property values.
But I don't think Nodes and Edges can be the value of properties.

[1] https://mosaicrown.github.io/scg2021/#mu-schedule