Re: publicly available RDF* datasets

Hi!

 > I don't know if anyone has attempted it yet, but an RDFStar version
of Wikidata could be very interesting. There are a lot of per-factoid
annotations.

I had a look at it while building YAGO 4. There are two challenges with
Wikidata mapping to RDF*:

1. Different statements could have the same "main triple". For example,
Wikidata could have a first statement stating that JohnDoe has been the
president of Bar between 1996 and 2002 and an other statement stating
he has been the president of Bar between 2008 and 2012. A simple RDF*
encoding would lead to:
<JohnDoe presidentOf Bar> startDate 1996 .
<JohnDoe presidentOf Bar> endDate 2002 .
<JohnDoe presidentOf Bar> startDate 2008 .
<JohnDoe presidentOf Bar> endDate 2012 .
This encoding might lead query and reasoning systems to assume that
JohnDoe has been the president of Bar between 1996 and 2012, fact that
is wrong.

2. Wikidata contains "deprecated" statements that should not be
asserted as facts. For example, we could have in an RDF*-like syntax:
<JohnDoe presidentOf Bar> prov:wasDerivedFrom Source ; wikibase:rank
wikibase:Deprecated .
In this case the fact "JohnDoe presidentOf Bar" should not be asserted
by itself.
So, a RDF*-Wikidata would only be valid in "SA" mode and not in "PG"
mode.

Thomas