Re: Welcome to the RDF*/SPARQL* mailing list

Thank you for the invitation Olaf to join the discussion. I am currently
not having a specific use case for RDF*/SPARQL* but am interested to learn
how this could possibly improve existing workflows in development and
production.

I came to the Semantic Web in 2000 by way of researching the foundations
for context aware geospatial content management systems on the web with a
particular focus on cultural heritage and historical data. My work on the
combination of a RDF query language ( RDQL ) and a Spatial filter was
completed in 2003 and later led me to the development of the geosparql
implementation for Jena in 2007.

20 years on now and I still have a keen interest in Semantic Social
Networks and the Geospatial Semantic Web.  I am a heavy user of the
Davidsonian modelling framework in my own RDF projects and always had a
somewhat ambivalent relationship with the RDF reification approach in the
past, mostly due to the increase in number of triples in the dataset and
the use of bnodes. I  hope the work on RDF*/SPARQL* will help to alleviate
the situation here a little bit.

Looking forward to learn more about RDF*/SPARQL*.

Best,
Marco

--

---