Re: revised formal objection on pre-binding

There are more exclusions than just excluding MINUS, VALUES, and SERVICE,
including the exclusion of many sub-queries.

In the end, though, my objection boils down to whether it is appropriate to
base a W3C recommendation, i.e., a web standard, on a definition that has
multiple known problems, and fix the definition later.  My view is that this
is not appropriate, hence my formal objection.

I'm not stopping anyone from building something based on this definition.  Any
organization is free to do so.  But the situation is different for a standard.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications