Re: central problem with test suite

The test suit document is work in progress and I have basically just
started to take a deeper look. I welcome any help on this and really
don't want to "own" this document.

> It's going to be hard.  It's not possible to just remove the parts of the
> validation report that can vary because some of these parts have conditions on
> them.  For example, removing type and subclass triples will prevent checking
> the SHACL instance requirements.

Ok, the fact that reports allow for instances of subclasses of
sh:ValidationReport and sh:ValidationResult indeed requires an extra
pre-processing step. I have now added this step, normalizing these to
their direct rdf:type.

>    There is also the problem that there are
> different RDF literals with the same value.

Why is this a problem? I believe RDF ismorphism relies on term equality:

https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#graph-isomorphism
https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#dfn-literal-term-equality

>    Probably the biggest problem is
> that the number of values for sh:result can vary between SHACL Core
> implementations for the same validation.

This is not the intention of the spec. The spec states that each
validator must have a mode in which it always produces all results.

SHACL-compliant processors/must/be capable of returning a validation
report with all requiredvalidation results
<http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/#dfn-validation-results>described
in this specification.

Holger