Re: Formal objection to removing features from node shapes

I presented an example of the kind of expressivity that that was lost by the
decision of the working group to remove sh:disjoint from node shapes.  If that
is not adequate then I can easily put together a formal use case for
consideration by the working group.

I don't view it as a given that there will no longer be any expressivity loss.
 I can't think of any loss in RDF per se, but that doesn't mean that there
won't be any.   Is the working group prepared to be wrong twice in a row?

If generalized RDF (allowing literals as subjects) is considered then there
still is expressivity loss.  Of course, SHACL is only defined for RDF itself,
but there had been quite a bit of talk about future-proofing SHACL, and
literals as subjects has come up as a possibility for future versions of RDF.

So, no, I am not willing to withdraw my objection.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications