Re: Service or repository of SHACL rules available? (like LOV or prefix.cc)

Hello Holger and Phil,

thanks for your responses. It is nice to see, that there is interest in
such a service!

Because i want to use SHACL rules in a research project[1] extensively,
i am very much interested in having a working prototype as soon as
possible. I built a basic one myself, which may be a good starting point
for further discussions. The working title is schreckl.

Schreckl is a minimal working prototype and runs on my private web space
at https://schreckl.inspirito.de .
It has a basic overview and discovery function (a full text search). The
code of the service is located at Github[2].

Data behind the service is based on the Github repository [3].
Currently, i have to update the ARC2-based triple store manually, but
later, a CRON job or something like that could do the job too.

Github should be the place to curate the rules/rule groups, as Phil
suggested. Currently, only a few rule groups are available. I tried
different ways to organize rules, rule groups and their meta data. A
basic example how to formulate meta data can be found at [4].

We should discuss a meta data format for SHACL rule groups. A SHACL rule
group is a collection of SHACL rules, which points to SHACL rules that
semantically form a unit, to counter a certain use case. Think about a
collection rules, which describe different accessibility features of a
building (e.g. ramp, lift...).

An example rule group could be:
(is only for foaf:Person)

> :AdultShapeInfo
>     rdf:type srekl:ShapeInfo ;
>     dc11:title "foaf:Person - Adult Person"@en ;
>     dc11:description "This rules describe a foaf:Person which is considered an adult."@en ;
>     dc11:source <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/schreckl/rules/master/rules/adult-person/adult-person.ttl#> ;
>     sh:targetClass foaf:Person ;
>     srekl:applies-to :AdultShape .

An instance of srekl:ShapeInfo is a SHACLE rule group. A group provides
a title, a sufficient description and source information (URL?). The
sh:targetClass points to related classes, for which the different rules
are for. Via the srekly:applies-to property, it points to instances of
sh:NodeShape, the SHACL rules itself.

I would like to hear your feedback on this! My next steps are to provide
further SHACL rule groups for my work (topic: accessible information
about buildings, based on [6]). Better automation (data gathering from
Github) or downloadable rules could be helpful as well.

###

Phil wrote:
 > I suggest that the SHACL CG [1] might be the place to discuss and
pursue this very good idea.

I thought public-rdf-shapes@w3.org is the way to go to communicate with
the SHACL community. To reach SHACL CG i also sent this mail to
public-shacl@w3.org.

Links:

[1] - http://www.leds-projekt.de/ (German)
[2] - https://github.com/schreckl/service