Re: Question: SHACL for describing parameterized operations?

Hi Ruben,

it is unclear to me what exactly you are attempting to represent. Below
you present an outline for a solution but the problem statement isn't
clear. Could you elaborate a bit?

Note that the SHACL vocabulary (see TTL file) includes the class
sh:Parameterizable that can be used as superclass of all kinds of
"templates". For example to state that something takes three arguments,
you could do

my:Operation rdfs:subClassOf sh:Parameterizable .

ex:findMatchingTriples
     a my:Operation ;
     sh:parameter [
         sh:path ex:subject ;
         sh:order 0 ;
         sh:nodeKind sh:BlankNodeOrIRI ;
     ] ;
     sh:parameter [
         sh:path ex:predicate ;
         sh:order 1 ;
         sh:nodeKind sh:IRI ;
     ] ;
     sh:parameter [
         sh:path ex:object ;
         sh:order 2 ;
     ] ;

(and then attach whatever you like as other triples to the
ex:findMatchingTriples - in the case of SHACL-SPARQL there are SPARQL
queries, in the case of SHACL-JS there are JS snippets).

The above may be on the wrong meta-level, but as I said I don't really
understand your use case yet.

Regards
Holger