Re: on what is a shape

There still remain other expected type determinations that can give an
expected type to a literal.

This is another case where changes to SHACL have been done by making the
smallest possible change to address the specifics of a problem.  There needs
to be an analysis of each of these change to see whether they have actually
solved the problem.  There also needs to be an overall examination of SHACL to
see whether there remain problems with general concepts that are part of SHACL.

For example, fixing several known problems with sh:hasShape does not in itself
fix sh:hasShape.  Instead there needs to be a full examination of how
sh:hasShape fits into the overall picture of SHACL.  One  such connection
between sh:hasShape and SHACL as a whole is that sh:hasShape both imposes a
particular partial order of execution on SHACL, which may have negative
consequences for the efficiency of SHACL, and also separates SHACL execution
ordering from SPARQL execution ordering, which requires that the SHACL
document talk about execution ordering.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider