Re: $variables

Ok thanks for chiming in. Better to discuss it directly :)

So the intention of using $scopeNode (in exactly that syntax) was to
indicate that the variable *is* formally bound with the value of
sh:scopeNode. The reason why I did not elaborate on this is that I
didn't want to overburden that part of the spec. But I agree it is not
clear as given. I have tried to clarify this:

https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/commit/a715d493abb58fcd42242bcdfb91e5188e8b695f

If you refresh your browser on

http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/#scopeNode

you should see the newer wording. If that's an improvement, I can do the
same for the other scope types. So: is this clearer, or what else would
be needed?

Holger