Re: Shapes - sub-classes / sub-properties

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 2:41 AM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

>  On 7/17/2014 19:09, Jose María Alvarez Rodríguez wrote:
>
> 1-SKOS validation. Although there are a good number of APIs, parsers, etc.
> of SKOS-based vocabularies we have found that some of the constraints in
> the recommendation cannot be easily checked. That is why as a proof of
> concept we have implemented a SKOS validator [1] (it is still on-going
> work) mixing ShEx, a reasoner and some SPARQL queries. The motivation of
> this validator is just to know if all SKOS concepts in a scheme accomplish
> with the expected shape. We are not trying to develop a complete solution
> to check data quality but just to ensure that if someone is going to reuse
> a SKOS vocabulary the shape of the concepts is going to be the same. For
> instance we have found a problem to validate that "S13 skos:prefLabel,
> skos:altLabel and skos:hiddenLabel are pairwise disjoint properties." this
> means that these properties cannot have the same value. I am not sure if it
> is possible to check it with SPIN, Pellet ICV or OWL restrictions but for
> sure it is not possible in ShEX (actually this is a constraing in
> values-content not structure) and we finally created a SPARQL query to do
> that. Anyway my point here is that we only want to easily ensure and maybe
> share the structure, template or shape of the concepts without entering in
> other constraints or logical restrictions.
>

> We had published a SPIN version of the SKOS constraints several years ago.
> For example open TopBraid Composer Free Edition and find the file TopBraid
> > SKOS > skosspin.spin.ttl . Constraint S13 is represented there via three
> instances of a SPIN template. Here is an older article on this work:
>

> http://topquadrantblog.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/how-to-find-skos-constraint-violations.html
>
> These constraints have been in routine use for many years in the TopBraid
> Enterprise Vocabulary Net (EVN) product line (SKOS editor etc).

RDFUnit also supports these skos constraints via SPARQL queries [1]. I
don't remember if we covered all (non-owl/rdfs) skos cases in this doc but
it's easy to extend.

https://github.com/AKSW/RDFUnit/blob/master/data/tests/Manual/www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/skos.tests.Manual.ttl#L70

--
Dimitris Kontokostas