Re: Shapes/ShEx or the worrying issue of yet another syntax and lack of validated vision.

On 7/16/14, 9:38 PM, Holger Knublauch wrote:
> Most people in my experience don't care about open world semantics, but
> of course nobody would admit that because it's against the specs and
> thousands of academic papers.

The cultural heritage community cares deeply about open world semantics.
This community has a tradition of creating primarily public-facing data
and, even in pre-Web eras, sharing that data widely. For the cultural
heritage community, the public, open web is the primary target for its data.

You confirm for me the impression that much of the discussion here is in
the context of enterprise data systems. I will, however, do my best to
keep the open world visible in these discussions.

kc
--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net