Re: One start per document or several

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 10:29:05 -0500
To: Jose Emilio Labra Gayo <jelabra@gmail.com>
Cc: public-rdf-shapes@w3.org
* Jose Emilio Labra Gayo <jelabra@gmail.com> [2014-02-05 13:44+0100]
> Looking at the BNF grammar of Shex available here:
> http://www.w3.org/2013/ShEx/ShEx.bnf
>
> It seems that a document can have several "start"s...in that case, what
> should be the semantics?

It was my intention that there be 0 or 1 starts, but I didn't write that into the grammar as it doubles a bunch of it. Maybe it's better to make that explicit.

Permitting multiple starts could be useful, I guess, but you could meet all those use cases using polypmorphism <http://localhost/2013/ShEx/Primer#inherit>

--
-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509