Re: W3C Data Cube spec uses SPARQL too

Holger,

You're right. There wasn't really any alternative, given that currently there is no other W3C-recommended technology that can be used for RDF validation. SPARQL has turned out to be a reasonably good fit for this particular use case.

The Data Cube experience has left me thinking that a W3C-recommended RDF validation technology should have SPARQL semantics, but that a more compact and idiomatic syntax may be beneficial.

There was no attempt to write these constraints in closed-world OWL at the time, because that's not a W3C standard, but it would be interesting to see if/how the constraints could be expressed that way.

Best,
Richard