Re: blank slate

I share some of Karen's concerns.

At Syapse we are integrating our RDF based systems with legacy systems such as HL7 systems.
The engineers dealing with the legacy systems don't think RDF, don't know RDF, they don't want to know RDF.
They don't think open world or closed world, etc.

Given that the legacy system (like many legacy systems) is (overly?) complicated we don't want to add a layer of over-complication of our own; however we do want to have expressive power to deal with the complications in the patterns if that is appropriate.

I feel that this use case (HL7/RDF integration) shares some of the issues that Karen seems concerned about: the pattern language is being used to communicate with engineers who are not RDF literate, and do not want to be.

Jeremy