Re: blank slate

Each charter draft I have seen points at one or more systems as a potential
starting point for the working group.   The initial ones had ShEx a the
starting point (at least as far as I can remember - I don't know how to look
at old drafts).  The last paragraph of Section 3 in recent drafts directs the
working group to look at several systems as a starting point.  I view this as
putting some marks on the slate.

However, for you mean a non-blank slate means that the working group's
solution should start out with a particular thing.  Yes, the last paragraph of
Section 3 doesn't mandate any solution and leaves this slate blank.

peter