blank slate

On 08/02/2014 06:11 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> No charter draft that I have seen does start with a blank sheet, so
> this is somewhat of a moot point.

Can you clarify this?

I understand the "blank sheet" term to be about the idea that a WG can
either start with a "default" (or "starting point"), from which it can
decide to deviate, or from a "blank sheet", in which case a decision is
needed to produce anything.

It was certainly my intent in drafting the last paragraph of the scope
section in the current version to be describing a blank sheet.   Do you
read it (or some other part of the charter) to be saying the WG has to
start from some chosen technology as the default?

      - Sandro

[1]  http://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/charter  $Id: charter.html,v
1.45 2014-07-22 18:29:34 sandro Exp $